Help identifying 8" double walled chimney class A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jadam12

Oct 25, 2022
Ann Arbor, MI
I cannot determine the brand of double wall class A chimney that I have coming out of my roof. I need to make it higher to meet code and create better updraft.

I think it's dura tech but I'm not sure. The chimney cap is aftermarket. Nothing written on the chimney or box.

Can anyone identify the brand?

20221012_151826.jpg20221012_151815.jpg

Last edited:
I cannot determine the brand of double wall class A chimney that I have coming out of my roof. I need to make it higher to meet code and create better updraft.

I think it's dura tech but I'm not sure. The chimney cap is aftermarket. Nothing written on the chimney or box.

Can anyone identify the brand
Pictures would help

Reactions: jadam12

Can anyone identify the brandView attachment 301369View attachment 301370
Ok I see the pic now. You need a new chimney not just an extension

Can you explain why, thank you
Rust holes on the outside. That means water has gotten into the insulation reducing it's effectiveness.

Do you know what kind of pipe that is I have the exact same kind on a house I bought and was wondering thank you
I think duravent but I am not sure

Lock rings look just like the new Duravent SS I had installed in December 2022.
Agree the upper 4' section should be replaced if there are any penetrations through the oputside pipe.