Help identifying my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

vwoodhull

Jan 5, 2022
Fort Smith, AR
My husband and I bought a house this year and it came with this wood stove. We cannot find any information or anything similar to this style and brand. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are new to having a wood stove.

FFBE85D7-9B52-4D02-B01F-9818B8C2A62C.jpeg

Is that an old timberline?

Not sure for your reason for wanting to identify this stove. From reading your post it sounds like you want to know how to use it? Most of these older stoves all work the same. If I am correct you might want to read how to use it here.

If this stove does not have a tag on the back then it many not be EPA rated which means you might consider a newer stove that will burn better and give you longer fires.

Not sure for your reason for wanting to identify this stove. From reading your post it sounds like you want to know how to use it? Most of these older stoves all work the same. If I am correct you might want to read how to use it here.

If this stove does not have a tag on the back then it many not be EPA rated which means you might consider a newer stove that will burn better and give you longer fires.
We are wanting to know if this style requires a gasket and if so a replacement.

It looks like an air tight stove we could tell better by seeing it with the doors open so we can see the other side of the doors. Not very likely you will find a manual for this stove as I am sure you already did a search under its name. I posted a similar stove on this site myself some time back and just could not find it on the net and no one had seen it before. I did a Google image search on your stove from the pictures and nothing came up. When I work on an old stoves and don't have info on them I measure the grove on the door from side to side which seems to work for me to get the gasket rope size. Some take 1/2" rope to 1" or more. Then you take a cloth tape and measure the distance around the stove doors to see how much gasket rope you need. Your will need to also pick up some gasket rope cement to glue to attach the rope to the door.

It looks like an air tight stove we could tell better by seeing it with the doors open so we can see the other side of the doors. Not very likely you will find a manual for this stove as I am sure you already did a search under its name. I posted a similar stove on this site myself some time back and just could not find it on the net and no one had seen it before. I did a Google image search on your stove from the pictures and nothing came up. When I work on an old stoves and don't have info on them I measure the grove on the door from side to side which seems to work for me to get the gasket rope size. Some take 1/2" rope to 1" or more. Then you take a cloth tape and measure the distance around the stove doors to see how much gasket rope you need. Your will need to also pick up some gasket rope cement to glue to attach the rope to the door.

FC204D95-2A29-4894-913E-5E80B2B753EB.jpeg DB7C30B7-A018-4746-A44F-68716810805B.jpeg

Yes there was gasket rope on this stove at one point you can still see traces of where it was attached. Just measure the distance on the gap or take the door with you to the stove shop and they will be able to help you with the correct size gasket rope. Just clean the groves out real good and then install the new gasket rope with the proper cement from the same store. As stated earlier measure the distance around the doors to make sure you get enough gasket rope. Or you can ask the stove shop if they will install the gasket rope if you are not up to doing it.

Yes there was gasket rope on this stove at one point you can still see traces of where it was attached. Just measure the distance on the gap or take the door with you to the stove shop and they will be able to help you with the correct size gasket rope. Just clean the groves out real good and then install the new gasket rope with the proper cement from the same store. As stated earlier measure the distance around the doors to make sure you get enough gasket rope. Or you can ask the stove shop if they will install the gasket rope if you are not up to doing it.
Thank you so much! This is all very helpful!

Wood stoves generally don't have a grate/rack on the bottom. I'd take that out.

vwoodhull, you are welcome.

Good point stoveliker I was so focused on the doors I did not even see the grate. Ha, The stove looks like it is in good shape inside as the angle iron holding the bricks are not warped like I have seen in so many stoves. I would have like to see if it had a baffle inside to see how they designed it. It is a nice looking stove.

Maybe it's just the way it looks in the 1st picture but it looks as if the door pins are a bit wore causing the doors to sag. I would check those and replace if needed.

Does the gasket go inside the grooves on the door or around the lip on the face of the stove?