Help me ID my brothers wood stove insert.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker on these forums for years. I have an Avalon 996 (similar to Rainier) that my wife and I installed ourselves a few years back, liner and all. At that time we did a lot of searching for inserts and reading up on technology. Anyway, I've become sort of the wood stove expert in the family, although I'm not at all really. Recently, my brother moved into a house with an insert already installed. He had a chimney sweep verify the chimney was lined and pretty solid and clean. However, we have no idea the make/model of the stove. It's not visible anywhere. We didn't want to slide it out without knowing something about it first and possibly risk messing up the liner connection. It has dual blowers, and a lever to completely shut down the flue, as well as the usual damper lever. The firebox actually has an ash pan and grates in it, which is a little odd to me. I am not sure how old it is, but the previous homeowners said they used it occasionally. Help me ID his stove.

Unfortunately, I only got this one pic at Thanksgiving. I can get him to send me some more if we need it to ID the stove (I don't live close enough to go there and grab more).

Thanks!
IMG_20171123_210952.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a Vermont Castings winterwarm.