Help me pipe my stove and safety check

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Madden5116

Jun 27, 2022
Pennsylvania
32 inches from top of stove to bottom of thimble. Thimble is 7.75 inches.

20220709_162217.jpg

Double-wall, try to use a pair of 45's in an offset if possible to minimize 90º turns.
Tell us more about the chimney. Is there a stainless liner in the chimney or just tile lining? If tile, what size? Approx. how high from the thimble hole to the top of the chimney?

Double-wall, try to use a pair of 45's in an offset if possible to minimize 90º turns.
Tell us more about the chimney. Is there a stainless liner in the chimney or just tile lining? If tile, what size? Approx. how high from the thimble hole to the top of the chimney?
I believe it is an 8x12 clay liner.

8x12 clay. 32 ft.

So straight pipe up to thimble height. A 45 then a straight pipe to another 45 then a straight pipe into thimble? Do the make 7in pipe to fit in that thimble? Is it ok to reduce to 7in? Do I need an adjustable straight pipe?

Is rockford stove pipe any good? Any recommendations on pipe and where to buy is appreciated.

Also there are no combustibles behind that stone veneer. The veneer is directly on the block masonry chimney.

So can't I just run a double wall pipe through that clay thimble? Can I run 8 inch pipe and reduce it to 6in to go through the thimble?What is the correct way to do it?

Is rockford stove pipe any good? Any recommendations on pipe and where to buy is appreciated.
Rockford is just a retailer. They don't make pipe.
So can't I just run a double wall pipe through that clay thimble? Can I run 8 inch pipe and reduce it to 6in to go through the thimble?What is the correct way to do it?
The correct way to do it is replace that thimble with a properly sized one.

And I really believe you are going to have pretty bad creosote issues running into that tall of an uninsulated and oversized chimney. Get other quotes.

The quote is generic and not for a KE40. The liner should be insulated. When the clay tiles are broken out, the thimble should be too. Then the new, 8", insulated liner tee snout will be what the stove pipe is connected to.

Rockford does sell good-quality liners and stovepipe. I thought they were selling Drolet (Ventis) stovepipe but have not verified that. Give them a call.