1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

help pellets stop feeding

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by sheba13me, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheba13me

sheba13me New Member

Loc:
    inland northwest
    We were given an old Whitfield WP-2 Advantage II. Everything is installed propperly
    and everything works fine for about 35 or 40 minutes and then the auger stops feeding
    pellets. If you wiggle the auger it will make about 2 or 3 revolutions and then stops again.
    We shut it off cleaned pellets out of hopper and checked all parts were clear and startedit up again and same thing. The auger feed light keeps blinking even when it is not feeding. Help please

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hearthtools

hearthtools Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
    Could be a few things
    http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/13499/
  3. sheba13me

sheba13me New Member

Loc:
    inland northwest
    our stove does not have the pressure switch or hose.we by passed the high limit switch and the
    stove has been running fine We put on a new high limit switch and it does the same thing
    after 30 minutes. Everything else checked out fine. I don't knowwhy it shuts off with the new switch so I guess we will continue to by pass the switch. Everything is cleaned and working fine as long as that switch is not connected.
  4. hearthtools

hearthtools Moderator Emeritus

Loc:
    Oakhurst, California, USA, Earth
    If your stove must be the is an Advantage II made before 1991 with the black faced control board
    ser# 1001 to 7400.

Not realy sure what is going on with your stove
    There is a 30 minute start up timer on the board
    and then there is a Auger timer on the board
    Im not sure how each limit switch effect the auger with out being at the stove.
    I have on worked on one that old in a long time.

Attached Files:

5. jtp10181

jtp10181 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Madison, WI
    Bypassing the limit switch is not a solution. Usually they trip for a reason.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.