Help Please!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have any info on this stove? It has no other numbers or writting on it besides Atlantic, it has a propane burner in it which I was told doesn't belong in it? Any info would be much appreciated! maine 004.JPG

That's an old pre-EPA woodstove. Certainly not meant to have a gas line installed into it. The best advice is to get rid off it for safety reasons and to shop for either a dedicated wood or gas stove to replace it if you want to have a stove in that corner. Caveats: The hearth may not be adequate for a new stove and make sure there are no combustibles behind the walls. Make also sure the flue is the proper size and type for whatever appliance you choose.

That's an old pre-EPA woodstove. Certainly not meant to have a gas line installed into it. The best advice is to get rid off it for safety reasons and to shop for either a dedicated wood or gas stove to replace it if you want to have a stove in that corner. Caveats: The hearth may not be adequate for a new stove and make sure there are no combustibles behind the walls. Make also sure the flue is the proper size and type for whatever appliance you choose.
Thanks for the info! I already removed the gas line going to it and capped it off. How old do you think the stove is?

That foundry closed mid-eighties so some time before that. Not sure if that wood stove would even be useable now after that modification but a new stove will be way more efficient, safer and have a glass door for a nice view of the fire. Ditto for a gas stove.

Just a wild guess, but 1970's?

Just a wild guess, but 1970's?

I was gonna say mid 80's. Trying to go back in time when a customer swore to me it was a Vigilant by Vermont Atlantic Castings. I was trying to explain why VC parts wouldn't fit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.