Please help. We have a pellet stove that is directly vented to the outside. I noticed the sparks flying out and hitting the bush right under the vent. When I asked the guy who installed it if that was ok, he said that it wouldn't be a problem. My stupidity for trusting the expert and not listening to common sense. Last night the bush and leaves under the vent caught fire. Luckily no one was hurt and the fire burned itself out. THe scary thing is we could have lost the house and our lives. Has anyone heard of the danger of direct venting and is there a way to get rid of the sparks or make this safer? I do not want to waste the $4000 investment and never use the stove again, but I am terrified. I have searched the internet all night and I have not found any information about something similar happening to anyone else or any way to resolve it.