Help! VistaFlame VF 100 Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCarlson

Nov 29, 2010
Newport, NY
I have a VistaFlame VF 100 stove.

Ok, here’s my problem:

Had a power surge which shorted out my igniter so that when I would start the stove it would almost instantly blow the fuse in the control board. Yeah, lesson learned on having my stove plugged into a surge protector.

So, I got the new igniter, got it all installed, started the stove up. No blown fuse, pellets fell in the burn plate, it all heated up, got a flame, things seemed great.

About 10 minutes after that I started smelling smoke. Go to the stove, it’s shut off and smoke is pouring out of the air intake pipe.

Now the stove won’t turn back on. Not at all.

I had ordered the stove from www.stovesandspas.com, and they've been not as helpful when it comes to support, especially considering they are in a different time zone and apparently only have one technician (that gave me wrong directions to begin with). Also, several of the "local" dealers listed on their website are either out of business or have never heard of VistaFlame.

Please help!

Sounds like the surge also damaged the control board.

PM summit as he sells vistaflame stoves. Maybe he can help? If not any Enviro dealer should be able to get a board for you. The part number is the same as an Enviro brand stove AFAIK.

Please get a well rated surge suppressor while you on a parts hunt!

i have the enviro meridian.i believe the vf100 is a clone of my stove.the circuit boarrd with t-stat switch is part #50-1477 according to my parts list.hope this helps

EF-3 has the dial a fire control and its analog ta boot. So if your Vf100 is digital go with the Meridian. Most enviro dealers will be able to get the Vf100 circuit board if you provide the correct part number. Just give them the part number from your manual when you start calling around.

need help, I have vistaflame vf100 pellet stove and all of a sudden my stove quit working. When I reset the stove the auger rotates twice and then stove shuts off.

I guess I'm just confused because mine looks exactly like the EF3, but has an electronic control board on the right hand side.

I'd stick to the VistaFlame manual. The VF's are using digital controllers while the EF3's use the dial a fire controllers. The meridians used the digital controller if you want to use a as reference. EF5 or evolution might also be close.

Things got away from the this past year and so I am back to working on the stove. I have power to the combustion blower, I can see it turning and hear it, can one of the sensors be going out?

the combustion blower will run for a few seconds and then the stove clicks off

you say you've checked for blockage as in clean flue and T and everything else ? check your door and ash pan gaskets . they must seal tight !

try jumping the 2 wires going to your vacuum switch and see if the stove continues running . if it does , shut the stove off and find out where the lose of vacuum is . it's either bad door seals or blockage in the exhaust path .

the combustion blower will run for a few seconds and then the stove clicks off

The controller should be flashing a code. One of the heat level lights should be blinking if it faults like that. There are only a few that will cause a short start up and sudden stop. Sounds more like the POF is stuck closed. Anyway, Post what heat level light is flashing?

Status
Not open for further replies.