Help with chimney identification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marion3

Nov 16, 2016
michigan
New member, been reading the forum for years through Google search and all of my questions have been able to be answered except this one yet. So thank you for the wealth of knowledge on the site

Recent purchase of an old farmhouse with existing 8" class a but is about 3 foot too short so I need to identify to match up flange styles.

Hopefully the pictures work

Attachments

• 1479335134752.jpg
    1479335134752.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 1479335252827.jpg
    1479335252827.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 96
New member, been reading the forum for years through Google search and all of my questions have been able to be answered except this one yet. So thank you for the wealth of knowledge on the site

Recent purchase of an old farmhouse with existing 8" class a but is about 3 foot too short so I need to identify to match up flange styles.

Hopefully the pictures work

Not saying it is, but looks similar to Simpson DuraVent/DuraPlus

I'm not a chimney expert and pro's on here would know probably for sure but it looks like DuraPlus/DuraVent to me too. My buddy just bought a stove with DuraVent pipe and we installed it this past Saturday, looked just like that. Sometimes you can make out manufacturer on the cap if there was one

These pics aren't conclusive. Do you have a picture of the cap?

Will get pictures in the daylight. I've been looking at menards online and seems to look the same as their supervent. That is if the pictures online represent what the supervent actually is, have not yet brought the 1' section i have to store to verify

Status
Not open for further replies.