Help with Class A chimney

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sirxloin

Nov 29, 2011
Naples, ME
Hello,

I am putting a Jotul 602 in my shop. I have never done this before, but I'm a pretty handy guy. My plan is to go straight up and pop a Selkirk Metalbestos Stainless pipe out the roof.

I want to use single wall up to my rafters, then the class A to the roof (3 feet or so.) I need the parts that actually go through the roof. And I have more class A to go up from there.

My roof is uninsulated plywood with shingles on the outside. The roof is pitched. This can be completely bare bones and function over form.

Did this make any sence? Its kind of hard to explain I guess, but I can take a pic if needed.

What are the parts that I need? How do I go about going through the roof?

Thanks guys.

If the ceiling of the shop is the underside of the roof, then a cathedral ceiling support box would do the trick. If there is an actual ceiling in the shop, they you need a ceiling support box. Go to Selkirk's website and they will have installation diagrams and guides. Pay very close attention to clearances and don't cut corners on the chimney.

http://www.ventingpipe.com/mediabase/specifications/metalbestclassapipeinstall.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.