1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Help with Husky Carb Limiters

Post in 'The Gear' started by El Finko, Nov 7, 2013.

1. El Finko

El Finko Member

Loc:
    Mason Dixon Line
    I thunk that my saw (455 Rancher) had the limiters removed, but I guess I didn't know what I was looking at.
    Anybody have a step-by-step on what I'm looking at and how to remove the limiters?
    I know I've read somewhere about a drywall screw trick, but my brain hurts at this point in the evening, and I'm hoping for some relief.
    Help me guys....

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Clyde S. Dale

Clyde S. Dale Burning Hunk

Loc:
    SE PA
    Any chance you can remove the cover/covers and expose the carb where the limiters are or should be? Take pics and post them here and we should be able to tell you if the limiters have been removed. If they have not, someone may be able to chime in that has done it on a 455 before. I did it to my 395XP, but that has a completely different carb.
    TreePointer likes this.
  3. JayD

JayD Member

Loc:
    35 miles north of detroit
    I,have seen were their was epa plug pressed in, Ya drill a hole in the plug and run a drywall screw in so you can pull them out. The ajustment screw is under the plug. Sound about right EF Jay
  4. El Finko

El Finko Member

Loc:
    Mason Dixon Line
    That's along the lines of what I remember reading. I'll take a picture and post it.

I thought I was turning the adjustment screws, but the plugs themselves are slotted to fit a screwdriver for (limited) adjustment, right?