help with my harmon xxv keeps shutting off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HOGG0494

Feb 18, 2015
hidson valley,new york
hi guys and gals.having a problem with my harmon xxv.last night it just shut itself off.now when i try to restart it all the lights come on,it starts dropping pellets and the blower comes on.but after 10-15 seconds all the lights except the power shut off,pellets stop dropping but the blower remains on.this is the 4th year i owned the stove and never had a problem yet.i clean the stove once a week and a complete cleaning(blower cage and empty the metal door in back and clean all piping and temp sensor)once a year.help always appreciated

If all the motor come on in test mode they are working. Did you turn the mode control to off and unplug the stove for 30 seconds and replug back in and start stove again?

ok.test mode showed everything worked perfect.i have NO blinking status light indicating no problems.unplugged stove for 5 minutes.turned it back on and it started feeding pellets and blower came on but before it ignited it shut itself off.

Light the fire manually with starter gel or hand sanitizer. Or light it with a propane torch. See if it will run without lighting automatic.

Basically a hard reset of the computer. I would test your gaskets as your stove is 4 years old now. I hope you have the stove on a good surge suppressor or a UPS to protect the stoves electronics.