Help with my istall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrorMrsWiz

Hearth Supporter
Nov 14, 2010
SouthEastern, Ohio
Couple of questions?
I have a CDW 288 like new, I am goig to install. Need some sugestions?
I will be installing all new 8 in chimney, hearth, Wall protectors, coal/wood burner

I plan on setting stove in a corner. I have 9 foot ceilings and the walls are 1/2 in drywall, outside should clear soffit and go above roof easily at the far wets corner of my home. I have all the teck manuals but I get confused when I read the Pipes Manuel???

Floor & wall spacing/ coverings any ideas?
If Possible I would like to build my hearth & wall protectors

Chimney DSP/ DVP double black or stainles or triple wall?

Attachments

• CDW Stove.jpg
    CDW Stove.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 230
MrorMrsWiz said:
Whats the best way to get rid of the surface rust?

If the rust is light a brillow pad or steel wool work well on most metals, don't know about wood stoves specificly.

You can try lemon juice and aluminum foil also.

MrorMrsWiz said:
Whats the best way to get rid of the surface rust?

A wire brush wheel on a drill will clean it up pretty quickly. You can use some steel wool for the hard to reach spots.

MrorMrsWiz said:
Couple of questions?
I have a CDW 288 like new, I am goig to install. Need some sugestions?
I will be installing all new 8 in chimney, hearth, Wall protectors, coal/wood burner

I plan on setting stove in a corner. I have 9 foot ceilings and the walls are 1/2 in drywall, outside should clear soffit and go above roof easily at the far wets corner of my home. I have all the teck manuals but I get confused when I read the Pipes Manuel???

Floor & wall spacing/ coverings any ideas?
If Possible I would like to build my hearth & wall protectors

Chimney DSP/ DVP double black or stainles or triple wall?

Does the stove have the bottom heat shield? That makes it floor protection requirement pretty light and easy. Cement board and tile would suffice. Does the stove have a rear and chimney connector heat shield?

For more detail, can you provide dimensions of the corner where the stove is going and maybe post a picture too? Which of the clearances listed in the manual are you shooting for?

The connector pipe from the stove to the ceiling support box can be either single wall or doublewall depending on clearances and the total length of the flue. At the ceiling and all the way through the roof to the cap, you will need class A pipe. This is usually stainless and double wall with an insulation layer.

Also, visit the Hearth.com articles for good tips on installation. https://www.hearth.com/what/specific.php

Attachments

• CDW FA288.jpg
    CDW FA288.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.