Here it comes again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know! i love snow, and even i am sick of it now.

55 today.

up to a foot tomorrow!

Be quiet, if it doesn't hear you it may just leave you alone.

I guess we are to get something late tomorrow night and into Friday.

At least my 2012-2014 pellet supply will already be under cover.

You know what is going on. All those Christmas decorations still up, that's what's keeping winter hanging around. I've even seen one house with a lit Christmas tree. Please take them down. Tell old man winter it is time for him to move on. Get your Barbecues out, lawn furniture etc. Set out the welcome mat for Spring!

Has not left here yet..

and for spring think ..

GO TWINS !

The Yankees are going down...someday.

Much as I like snow I'm sick of the very thought of it now. That said just think of how people in Tahoe City, CA feel along about now, the average snow fall for the season is 28 feet!, yeah 28 feet. Well this year they've had over 50 feet and it is still not over, think of how sick of it they must be.

Robert

Crapshoot right now on what we're gonna see in CNY. Some models say all rain, some say a foot, some say "we cant say" I guess I'll know by Saturday afternoon.

Winter won't give up in WNY this year. We had another coating of snow this morning, nothing like the guys are getting in the New England area however, you have my sympathies. Pellet furnace is getting its end of season cleaning on Sunday, leaving for Florida the rest of the month. If you can't beat the snow, leave it for a few weeks! Hopefully when I return home we'll have some real Spring weather for a change.

ChrisWNY said:
Winter won't give up in WNY this year. We had another coating of snow this morning, nothing like the guys are getting in the New England area however, you have my sympathies. Pellet furnace is getting its end of season cleaning on Sunday, leaving for Florida the rest of the month. If you can't beat the snow, leave it for a few weeks! Hopefully when I return home we'll have some real Spring weather for a change.

Please please take me with you

I'm visiting a friend In Truckee, Calif. and the snow is up to the bottom of the kitchen window. The kitchen is on the second floor. Now that's a lot of snow. I love snow, too, but here in California it's been an exceptionally snowy Winter. The skiings been great, though, and looking forward to a great Summer with all the runoff into the rivers and lakes.

Holy moly thats a LOT of snow. Funny, when ya think of Cali you think of sunshine. I forget Cali runs from Brazil up to the North Pole.

Thankfully it sounds like here it will be mostly rain.
I still have the shovels out and the plow is ready
if need be but I don't think so.

Winter Storm Warning for the Poconos 5"-10" still have snow on the ground from last weeks storms. This hasn't been the coldest or the snowiest winters But it sure seems like one of the LONGEST ones and I work outside.

Yup Xena, I almost put away the snowblower. I guess it stays out of the shed for another week or so. This does feel like a long stinkin winter.

will711 said:
Winter Storm Warning for the Poconos 5"-10" still have snow on the ground from last weeks storms. This hasn't been the coldest or the snowiest winters But it sure seems like one of the LONGEST ones and I work outside.

Ayuh, llllllllllllllloooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg.

urkiddin said:
ChrisWNY said:

Please please take me with you

I changed my mind.They are having tornados down there now.I think i'd rather the snow

Hello

I replaced the wood stove downstairs with the wood pellet stove but upstairs we got the 30,000 BTU zero clearance Heat n Glo LP Fireplace!

See our forcast below (5-10+ inches for sNH)

Our Lowes in Salem NH is out of Wood Pellets this week!! Did they think winter is over??

The girl at the desk said they do expect more but do not know when!!

Attachments

• SnowMapForecastForFriApril1-2011.jpg
    SnowMapForecastForFriApril1-2011.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 380
Eating my words now.
Snowing to beat the band out there.
Sticking to the grass but not the street - yet.
Supposed to change to rain but the question
is when and how much snow will we get
before that happens. This bites for sure.
Was hoping to ride the scoot this weekend
but I guess I'll just work instead.
Stove is cranking away in the living room
and doggy is in her usual favorite spot on the couch.

interesting that the NH channel has me in the 10-14 band, but local is saying 1-3 now. heh

its 2am, and snowing, but not really sticking to any pavement at this point. big wet 'slush' falling more than flakes. I doubt they will even salt at this rate. Oh well. gnite all.

Sorry to toss a happy face into this moan-fest, but here in happy Hiouchi valley, about 7 miles from the Northern California coast, the temp. today was 69 degrees!, seemingly the 1st day of Spring (finally) although in nearby tsunami town (Crescent City) the coastal temp was about 52 degrees, (cold ocean air -no better in the summer). We'll probably have an early summer in early Spring (typical) then in the summer winter returns! (except where I am because there's a small mountain covered with really tall trees (including giant redwoods) which blocks all that cold ocean air, some of the time .

Looks like we arent gettin crap in CNY. A little drizzle, maybe some flakes....40-45. Just blah dreary weather. Id just assume have it snow if its gonna be cold, wet and grey/gray

I was just hoping all these predictions were some April fool hype, but by the looks of things,.....Not!
Snow was so dense at the end of the driveway, my snow blower really struggled to get through it.

Attachments

• april fools day.jpg
    april fools day.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 233
as suspected, got nothing to really stick here.

just pushed off my gardening :/

briansol said:
as suspected, got nothing to really stick here.

just pushed off my gardening :/
same here sometimes it's OK when the weather man makes a mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.