high heat tape

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostock

Hearth Supporter
Oct 27, 2010
Sharpsburg Maryland
is there a tape rated high enough to use in joining/coupling two lengths of flex liner? need to join two lengths, worried that a coupler alone won't withstand the shoving/pulling - would like to use the following: coupler>wrap with tape>2' length of spare liner (split lengthwise) to shroud union>more tape... Any advice?

Stainless steel hose clamps.

oh yes good idea BrotherBart - sounds much better than what i was thinking... how to join though..my initial thought would be skip coupler completely, use my 2' length of spare liner sliced lengthwise to hug the joint and clamp it tight.....does that sound like the best approach?

Nope. That way won't seal. Use the coupler.

thanks guys - yeah i just tried a test on 2 pieces, i see the light - 6" liner won't wrap around 6" liner :)
my stove suppliers don't have couplers and local hardware stores don't carry 6" (worm/hose) clamps. any web sites you recommend before i dive into google?

When we have to use couplers, we just uses screws and/or pop rivits. So couplers we have used are meant to be clamped and screwed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.