High Valley

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firemn325

Nov 1, 2008
South Carolina
I am thinking of purchasing a high valley model 1600 free standing stove. im trying to find some more info on the as well as if anyone here has had any experience with them. The only thing that i have been able to find out is that they passed the washington state epa requirements with more than flying colors. I am very new to wood burning stoves so i dont know if that means anything at all. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome. I don't know didly about these stoves, but appreciate your turning me on to them. You might ask them about the thickness of steel on the sides and top of the stove. The 1600 is a nice big stove and should provide a lot of heat. Keep us posted.

I'm suprised there is not a whole lot known about the High Valley. I am looking at getting a High Valley 2500 for a sale price of $1,350. It is supossed to heat 2500Sq. My concern is 1) is the stove worht a hoot and 2) would it be to much heat for a 1700 foot house. I Live in NC, have a vaulted ceiling, an older house, glass french doors and 2 large glass door size windows in the immediate 900 Sq foot room the stove would be in. Any advice would be helpful.

I looked at the 2500 insert last fall, and it seemed like a good stove. The dealer stated that High Valley used to make stoves for Buck, but I haven't found any proof of that. However, both companies are located in Spruce Pine, NC. I was quoted $1900 for the model 2500. I'll have to ask the dealer if they are running a sale since I need an insert for my other chimney.

Status
Not open for further replies.