Holzhausen, my holzhausen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Easy Livin’ 3000

Minister of Fire
Dec 23, 2015
SEPA
7' wide, x 11' long, x 6' tall. Since this picture, put a nice pitched top on it. If I were better at math, I'd report the number of ricks and face cords it contains. First effort at a hh.

IMG_20170626_203144613.jpg

Cord Calculator says you have - 3.6 cords

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000
I'd like to build one but I don't have the patience. Just stacking wood to dry takes about all I have. I can never get it the way I want it in my head and wind up with a big ugly mess.

I'm the same.. but I'm so bad my wife won't let me stack. I pick from the pile and wheel barrow it over to her

Kudos to the strong backed wood artists amongst us

I'm the same.. but I'm so bad my wife won't let me stack. I pick from the pile and wheel barrow it over to her

Kudos to the strong backed wood artists amongst us

Yeah pretty much the same here. I tell her what I think it should look like and eventually it does. So that's nice. Haha. I keep thinking I should fill one of my grain bins with wood. It would be a holzhausen on steroids