1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

home depot and lowes question

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by dave64, Sep 29, 2013.

1. dave64

dave64 Member

Loc:
    N H
    are they accepting the movers coupon on pellets still

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. glenc0322

glenc0322 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    long Island NY
    I just used the 10% coupon on a pellet purchase at lowes on long island and also used the coupon from lowes at home depot also on long island both were only 2 weeks ago
  3. dlehneman

dlehneman Member

Loc:
    Lakes Region, NH
    I used several $10 off $50 purchase coupons for Lowes to bring Green Team prices from $274/ ton to $234 a ton. Not sure if they'll take them in the store that way, I ordered online with in store pickup. I think they also accept the 10% off coupons on them but it may depend on who you talk to. I've found if you tell them HD will take it (or vise versa) they will accept it rather then risk losing the sale.
  4. the pony boy

the pony boy Member

Loc:
    putnam ny
    Bought five tons at had this afternoon and used a lowes coupon. The cashier only gave me 50 off the total. The discount should have been 110.
  5. bill3rail

bill3rail Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    LI, NY
    10% off all the time with your VA medical center card!
    I stocked up with two ton at $188.00 per ton.

Bill
  6. dmancine

dmancine Member

Loc:
    NE PA
    Where is everyone getting these coupons from. I live in the Poconos in NE PAand have not seen a coupon from HD in years and I've never seen one from Lowes.
  7. Shaw520

Shaw520 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Modena
    Some stores will say the price is $219 then give $10 off,... claiming that THAT is the discounted price and you cant combine any other discounts.
  8. stayfitz

stayfitz Member

Loc:
    Reno, NV
    Used a Lowes 10% off coupon for (6) tons of Golden Fire pellets and (1) Summers Heat wood stove. Found a Lowes link for a "moving coupon" and received coupon via email. The coupon has a limited time use, don't recall the time frame, something like 30 or 60 days?
  9. bill3rail

bill3rail Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    LI, NY
  10. imacman

imacman Guest

Last time I tried to use the Lowes discount coupon on a ton, they said "no-go"......the reason was that the ton price is already a contractors discount, and you can't use 2 discounts at the same time.

If they've changed their policy since that time (I tried last winter), please post.
  11. dlehneman

dlehneman Member

Loc:
    Lakes Region, NH
    That is the official policy but it usually just depends who you talk to whether they'll do it or not. The other option is to buy 50 bags @ 4.68 each using the 10% off coupon. That drops it to $210.60/ ton instead of $219, not a huge savings, but something anyway.

Or better yet (although more work), find some $10 off $50 coupons on ebay (I got them for $1 each) and buy the minimum number of bags needed to reach $50 at a time through the website with in store pickup (11 bags@ 4.68 or 10 bags at 5.49 each). That discounts it 20% and will buy a ton for $188.50 of the cheaper pellets or $234 a ton for Green Team's. Add in the 5 coupons you had to buy @ $5 each and you still make out good at $193.50 a ton or $239/ ton for GT's
    save$, notch and Markus38 like this.
  12. eschills

eschills Member

Loc:
    Long Island NY
    Home Depot on Long Island takes the 10% Lowes movers coupon every year off the posted $209 price.
  13. rowerwet

rowerwet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    just watch the dates on the coupons... when I actually moved, we got the coupon, when I tried to use it, it had expired two years before....<>
  14. mik_kane

mik_kane Member

Loc:
    NEPA Poconos
    Has anyone tried to ask for a price match from Lowes? I went to the Lowes closest to me and they were charging $219 a ton but the Lowes that is 15 miles away was only charging $209 a ton. I asked the girl at customer service if they do price match and she said yes, and told me to tell the person at check out the lower price. If you are paying $270 for pellets from Lowes could you ask about the price match of $209?
  15. skibumm100

skibumm100 Member

Loc:
    southern NH
    I take the Lowe's discount coupon to Home Cheapo and buy FSU's.....better pellet for less money than the GS/NEWP pellets. I bought my tone of FSU's for something arouns $185/T, however the discount worked out.
  16. Markus38

Markus38 New Member

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley MA
    some HDs limit to a total of $50 off.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  17. Markus38

Markus38 New Member

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley MA
    The price match works but sometime they say it has to be the exact pellet. (GS for GS)
  18. The Maniac

The Maniac New Member

Loc:
    Winterport Maine
    I bought 4 tons of ultras at home depot and they gave me the 10% off !
  19. jlupi

jlupi Member

Loc:
    hudson valley, ny
    Used it at lowes newburgh ny this yr. HD would not take on full ton.
  20. imacman

imacman Guest

Which coupon/discount are you referring to?
  21. moey

moey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Maine
    I used to buy online and use the coupon at lowes that way. If you have discover you can use shopdiscover which will give you an additional 5% back and right now they have 5% back for online purchases. So your close to 20% off using that scheme. For me it would be $3.56 a bag rather then $4.38.
  22. jlupi

jlupi Member

Loc:
    hudson valley, ny
    moving coupon
  23. imacman

imacman Guest

thanks!
  24. mikeb3383

mikeb3383 New Member

I tried using a $10 off a $50 purchase one a ton of pellets last week at the Newburg lowes. They would not let me use the coupon. I guess it depends on which cashier you get.
  25. imacman

imacman Guest

Did they give you the "you're already getting the contractors discount price....you can't use 2 discounts at the same time" response?