Home made pellets ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wil take a stab at this, it takes very hard dies and very high pressure to get a pellet to bind without binders added to the mix. I dont think this is a DIY process. Heck, they claim that the new quad design can burn pure sawdust, if thats the case you can skip the entire process!!

%-P
DonCT said:
I think you just feed your pet rabbits saw dust. Wait 12 hrs. then squeeze out your pellets :)

I'm sorry. It's been a long week.....

Very funny !! Don't have rabbits, would mallard ducks work ?

MountainStoveGuy, thank you, I thought it might be something like that. I did not search it yet. I just got to thinking and wondered if anyone has tried to make any at home yet. I figured by now someone would have already tried to make something comparable.

Oh well, my mind is working in over drive tonight, I may have to try to figure something out........... :)

Hey, what about floating cat fish food (made from fish/oil) ? I buy it by the 50 pound bags, just about the right size.........except I don't have a pellet stove...........and the fish food cost about $10 a bag.

Robbie

Robbie said:
Hey, what about floating cat fish food (made from fish/oil) ? I buy it by the 50 pound bags, just about the right size.........except I don't have a pellet stove...........and the fish food cost about $10 a bag.

Robbie
Buy a new pellet stove and buy the bags of fish food @ $10. a bag and let us know how it works and if you save any money .

LOL, I was just free wheelin tonight, you know, when your trying think of "other" ways to beat the cold.........cheap. :)

After doing a search, I figure there is not much I could contribute to this area............it seems to be doing very well without my ideas. :cheese:

Robbie

Status
Not open for further replies.