1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

horizontal piping question

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by ivanhoe, Mar 10, 2013.

1. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    great white northern ontario
    it seems i'm stuck at the choices for a placement of a fahrenheit furnace in the basement. it's my ideal furnace add-on and looks like i'm forced on the following exhaust piping scenerio. t-pipe to 6-7ft rise then elbow to about 8ft horizontal with some rise at every foot and then i'm outside and t-pipe to whatever vertical needed(6-7ft) to clear the filling and venting pipes of the oil tank at a safe distance. i was leaning on a selkirk DT piping. do i forget about such installation or go ahead knowing i will probably have to clean the pipes more frequently. finished basements can such headaches at times:mad:.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

My best guess, would be that it's o.k..

As long as its a newer unit, with the newer upgrades/mods, and you keep an eye on the horizontal.

I have seen a Fahrenheit with the most unorthodox venting set-up and it runs fine. (Direct vent w/ 3" vent and a down turn (yes, down in the vert install. 90* down)

But, my best advise is to call and speak with Matt Fitts or Mark Graham. Spoke with both and they are not only extremely knowledgable, but extremely helpful.

I have 4 ft horizontal, after 5 ft vert, and I have burned 1.5 ton, and its hardly noticeable. So an extra 4 ft?? May be easily done?

Which one are you lookin at??
  3. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    great white northern ontario
    not sure yet, is there a difference of models or in this case, year built? i just want to make sure it's feasible before splurging on a furnace type of stove. i would put it where the accentra is but the raised hearthpad falls short. i would also like to keep the accentra for back-up in case of waiting for unforeseen parts requirement. giving matt or mark a call should be in the cards.
    thx,