Hot and hotter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy Rivers

Minister of Fire
Feb 7, 2010
NW Oregon
Been in the mid to high 90 F around here (Western Oregon) lately and stoves are not high on the list of " to do's "

We have been frying here for the past month and I have not even given the stoves a passing glance.

Hope everyone is well.

Snowy

Our hot weather is due for the next few days ... breeze has died down so I tend to believe the weatherman for once. I was tempted to fire up the stove a couple of days ago as it was 60 F +/- in the house. Slow moving summer in this neck of the woods which is OK. Prepping our empty 2 acres to hold a wedding and sweating enough on the couple of hot, humid days we've had.:rolleyes:

Good to see you back on the board again Snowy
Un seasonably cool here so far, supposed to warm up to normal temps next week.

We have had only one 90 plus day here. Might get close in the next few days. Have not rolled the AC unit to the window. Just open the windows at night and start a fan or two and usually night time temps have gotten close to the 50 almost every night. Probably the cheapest June electric bill we have had in a long time as even the sump pump has not had to work much. Corn should start to tassel soon.

We had a disturbing occurrence of ash falling from Canada's fires last weekend and very heavy smoke. That has got to change the environment some.

Yesterday we had our first 90+ day since May (in the capital city anyway). Had four 90+ days so far this year. It's not the heat, it's the humidity - yesterday wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as several 75 degree days we've had lately. Of course, Mother Nature is one-upping herself today and going to make this a HHH day today.

Getting hot in New England finally...I almost miss winter now. ::P

Yikes went from chilly to 110 heat index yesterday. Need a little time to get used to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.