Hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
we make sure to fire up all the stoves after ye-old annual cleaning service....is the highlight of the day leaving the customers house just as the units get up to temp. You aint cleaned the stove gooder enough if the customers aint sweatin' too.

Patchy frost a week ago. Hot and humid now. Got up to 92 f here. Now down to 75 outside but still 85 inside. Several fans running. Big farm burned down near here at 3 pm.

Yea had to open a window thought about shutting the stove down but it gets much hotter when the intake air for the convection blower starts with 90 degree air.

cooler today, but got asked to work. At least I don't have to leave home to do that. I want to get my garden in, but can't when it too hot, too wet or buggy. I know, too soft in my older age!

About time.but have to clean the stove

cooler today, but got asked to work. At least I don't have to leave home to do that. I want to get my garden in, but can't when it too hot, too wet or buggy. I know, too soft in my older age!

Hey fellow member of the esteemed Ancient Ones, I reframed the large garden bed after joining what was two back into one and relocating a couple feet of it, it then got it's second turning, after which it was dig in 18 bales of peat moss time, after which the boss planted it while I mowed the "lawn".

The garden is in and we were beat yesterday evening.

Yes it was a bit warm for a couple of days, now you need a flannel shirt when you go out of the house.

Reactions: save$
Yesterday was just devine for weather. It got a bit muggy later in the day but there was a beautiful breeze all day long. I was attempting a double, through-the-roof install for two Harman XXV's. Up the lader, down the ladder, inside, outside all day long by myself. Got one in and then decided against the second with the onset of rain looming for the evening. Opening up a roof and finding a problem, working in the dark or in the rain to weather tight it, yeah, I don't want to be that guy anymore. There's always another day...raining again, so it's not today.

Hey fellow member of the esteemed Ancient Ones, I reframed the large garden bed after joining what was two back into one and relocating a couple feet of it, it then got it's second turning, after which it was dig in 18 bales of peat moss time, after which the boss planted it while I mowed the "lawn".

The garden is in and we were beat yesterday evening.

Yes it was a bit warm for a couple of days, now you need a flannel shirt when you go out of the house.
Smokey, you and the wife are really organized. I think about it, but then something gives out after a bit. I have my garden half tilled twice. My poor seedlings (I bought them) are jumping out of their containers. Hard just to keep them watered. Needs it about twice a day. Soon as I get the electric fence up, I'll start putting in the seeds and plants. What drives me is those tasty fresh veggies. Nothing like them. Esp. the fresh tomatoes. I opened up a jar of relish from last year. I wanted it with my beans. Oh man, that was so good. Also the three bean salad. Have my grass cut and trimmed so not all bad.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Smokey, you and the wife are really organized. I think about it, but then something gives out after a bit. I have my garden half tilled twice. My poor seedlings (I bought them) are jumping out of their containers. Hard just to keep them watered. Needs it about twice a day. Soon as I get the electric fence up, I'll start putting in the seeds and plants. What drives me is those tasty fresh veggies. Nothing like them. Esp. the fresh tomatoes. I opened up a jar of relish from last year. I wanted it with my beans. Oh man, that was so good. Also the three bean salad. Have my grass cut and trimmed so not all bad.

Hey it is important to keep that grass under control otherwise it can get hard to locate the weeds that need pulling :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.