How about this chain sharpener?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me, it uses a different type of chain similar to a system sears had back in the 70's and I had one and did not like it.

There are some past threads on this topic . . . the general consensus was that for the home owner who may have a saw and needs to sharpen the saw very occasionally this would work . . . but for someone processing a lot of wood and cutting regularly this would not be the best pick . . . it uses a different type of chain specifically for the sharpener and many questioned how quickly the sharpener/chain might need replacing.

jblood said:
What didn't you like about it?
Just did not seem like the chains cut as well as the regular ones and the sharpener did not help much.

I think the chain is a safety chain also. I'll stick with hand filing for now but the timberline chain sharpener has my interest.

Gotta have specific bar & chain combo for that sharpener. I don't think it's available for bigger saws.

These work for lawn work light duty stuff. 1/2 cord a year or less can be a good tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.