How can I tune my 25-PDV?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hey guys.

I got an infrared thermometer and I am interested in tuning this stove to try to get the most out of my pellets. I still feel like I'm the only one complaining my stove isn't hot enough to even heat my living room unless it stays on 9-9.

I understand that Air on Temp needs to stay where it is.

How to I tune Fuel Feed and Burn Air? How much air is too little? Too much? How much fuel is too little? Too much?

Should I tune my stove on a heat setting of 1? 5? 9?

Thanks.
What does your fancy radar gun say the temperature of your stove is ?

Hi everyone I was wondering what I can do to slow down the consumption of pellets in my 25 pvdc..I'm going through a 40lb bag every12 - 14hrs and it's still mild here in Ontario advanced settings are 1 2 1 heat range 2 blower 5

Hi everyone I was wondering what I can do to slow down the consumption of pellets in my 25 pvdc..I'm going through a 40lb bag every12 - 14hrs and it's still mild here in Ontario advanced settings are 1 2 1 heat range 2 blower 5
Close up the opening alittle at the bottom of the hopper. It’s a sliding plate , you just need a philips screw driver. It adjusts the flow of pellets to the top auger

Close up the opening alittle at the bottom of the hopper. It’s a sliding plate , you just need a philips screw driver. It adjusts the flow of pellets to the top auger
I have closed the restrictor plate up as far as I can...I checked the hopper before I left for work this morning and it was almost empty after only running for 8.5hrs

I have closed the restrictor plate up as far as I can...I checked the hopper before I left for work this morning and it was almost empty after only running for 8.5hrs
What mode are you in ?
what mode are you running in ? You should be in D mode for a PDVC as I understand. I know my PDV which runs in C mode sometimes switches modes to A or B and starts to dump fuel like crazy after a power failure. Just my 2 cents to check.

What mode are you in ?

what mode are you running in ? You should be in D mode for a PDVC as I understand. I know my PDV which runs in C mode sometimes switches modes to A or B and starts to dump fuel like crazy after a power failure. Just my 2 cents to check.
Yes I'm in mode d...I checked it the other day...maybe something is wrong with my board

Yes I'm in mode d...I checked it the other day...maybe something is wrong with my board
Maybe, try contacting englander. I hear they are pretty good with Phone help. Or maybe the stove guy will chime in on this ?