how do u clean ur saw?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're supposed to clean 'em?

lukem said:
smokinjay said:
lukem said:
smokinjay said:
lukem said:
smokinjay" date="1316115071 said:
Keep'em clean!

Jay gives his a sponge-bath before he tucks them in at night. J/K

There is some truth into that as well! ;-) 500.00 dishwaser would even come close to buying a 460. :cheese:

But a 460 is cheaper than a divorce!!!

Not married! :lol:

I wonder how many 460's I could buy for half my stuff? Probably at least 3.

Toss in an 880 that will slow you down a little, but can save you some money with lots of projects too.

At the end of every cutting session,5-6 hrs weekly most of the time lately they get the compressed air,old toothbrush & old rags treatment.Hold each one over the open wheelie bin,look the other way while wearing hat & faceshield.Air filter gets looked at also,especially after milling or cutting drier dead wood.

Looking good for the next job.No Turtle Wax however lol.

Yeah the repair guy told me to clean up around the clutch every so often. Since this was just after writing him a check I took his word on it.

Fortunately I got a compressor for pumping up bike tires so I've been finding lots of uses for the compressor. I don't bother with rags and toothbrushes though. I notice the oil seems to flow much better after blowing it clean.

Oh, make sure you're wearing your Sunday best when you hit all that compacted, oily sawdust with the compressed air. Your wife will love you for it.

Flatbedford said:

I think I've cleaned out the air filter a few times. ;)

firefighterjake said:
Flatbedford said:

Yeah, but that's not cleaning it.

Daily: compressed-air on the cylinder fins and the area of the flywheel.

Weekly-monthly: saw set down on section of newspaper. Pull clutch cover. Scrape the oily chips with tongue-depressors onto newspaper. Clean clutch and bar mount with air. Light lube of clutch bearing as possible- pull clutch on some saws to get there.

Fold up and tape newspaper closed. Use it to start future fire. Buy kindling? Really?

Flatbedford said:
firefighterjake said:
Flatbedford said:

Yeah, but that's not cleaning it.

My brother used to wax his saw. ;) Guess we're polar opposites. He's tall and thin . . . I'm short and fat. He keeps getting married and divorced every few years . . . I'm still on Wife #1. He keeps moving from job to job . . . I've been at the same job for well over 15 years. We're both going bald though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.