How do you clean your 30 degree chimney elbow offsets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceisasolid

Jan 3, 2011
North Central Idaho
Greetings,

I am about to break ceiling, and had another question. If I use 15 degree chimney elbows, I may not have enough space to build a nice hearth. If I use 30 degree offsets, then no problem. My question:

How do you clean your chimney with 30 degree offsets? I've been told... shoot it with a bb gun, run a chain down it. What do you all do?

Thanks,

Ray

iceisasolid said:
Greetings,

I am about to break ceiling, and had another question. If I use 15 degree chimney elbows, I may not have enough space to build a nice hearth. If I use 30 degree offsets, then no problem. My question:

How do you clean your chimney with 30 degree offsets? I've been told... shoot it with a bb gun, run a chain down it. What do you all do?

Thanks,

Ray

pancake brush and flexrods

I have always used flex rods and they work well. I bought a sooteater last year and it works great. I highly recommend you look into one. I have 2 30deg on my main chimney.

snowtime said:
I have always used flex rods and they work well. I bought a sooteater last year and it works great. I highly recommend you look into one. I have 2 30deg on my main chimney.

I too bought a sooteater- I agree that it works great and handles any angle with ease.

Thank you for the input. I was told that the flex rods would not work very well with the angle. Is there a brand of flex rod that it recommended?

Flex rods and a poly brush for the 30 degree elbows in our showroom and on sweeps. Pancake brush always on hand for the stubborn ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.