How do you like your Harman P61

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rap69ri

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 23, 2008
Middle of RI
I'm looking at a used Harman P61 for my in-laws, and want to know from those of you that have one how you like it, and your likes/dislikes for the stove.

Thanks for your help,

Rick

slink said:
This is our most popular stove. They heat, are easy to clean, and if there are any mechanical problems they are east to trouble shoot and repair. Don't be afraid to buy it as long as the price reflects the age of the stove.

What years were these stoves made, or are they still being made? How can I tell how old the stove is?

Thanks again

I don't have that stove, but I'd like to add don't
be afraid only if you or your inlaws are prepared
to do your own maintenance and repairs.
Most dealers won't service a stove they didn't
sell/install.

I'm not worried about servicing the stove. I'm already charged with fixing and maintaining five others so what's one more. Besides, this site makes it easy to troubleshoot and diagnose a problem and I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty.

I just want to be sure that I don't overpay, and I know what I'm getting into.

No one else has one? What do these sell for when new?

I am heading into season 3 with mine. So far so good. It is easy to clean, easy to operate. Well built, and works well.

Cheers

Kenny

I sold my Advance and purchased a P-61 last year and like it better. More heat and less cleaning for your buck.

Can a thermostat be connected to it Kenny? From what I've read the ESP is hit or miss.

I believe that folks have been successful using a milli volt thermostat.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/25382/

The ESP probe is for the exhaust temp monitoring. The ESP Probe will shut down the feed motor if the temperature reaches a predetermined high limit temperature in the exhaust. So it is just a safety device, and does not regulate the room temperature.

I just run mine with the room temp mode.

Cheers

Kenny

Thanks for the replies, and maybe I'll have a P61 this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.