How does your Harman Accentra work on room temp???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyd

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
Hughesville Md
How does your flame and blower work together when the stove is in room temp mode.? Mine has a large flame until it reaches room temp then it backs itself down and the blower will cycle on and off .Is this normal. There seems to be no in between. Hi or low. tia

Yep. Sounds right.
How quickly it gets to temp also depends how close you have the probe to the stove.

Sound right. Mine flames up and the the blower slowly gets to high, and then it cycle down to low. Make sure you have your heat distribution knob in between H and L and it will take care of itself. If you put it in Either H or L, it will come on and go off, I think the installer told me.

If you want it to just come on and stay on, just set it to H or L in Stove Temp mode.

Mine runs at a steady rate depending on how much heat is called for... no cycling of the room blower.

I found that placement of the room sensor is critical for proper operation. If it's too close to the stove or in the path
of the hot air, you will get high/low cycling. Sensor calls for heat, stove ramps up but blows hot air on the sensor fooling it
into thinking the room is up to the set point, burn idles down, sensor feels cold, burn ramps up again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.