How good/reliable is the Napoleon Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[/quote]agreed... I think you'll find the napoleon is gonna require a similar maint schedule to the Englander he already has. To truly cut down on the cleanings, check out a Harman, or a multifuel enviro like jake has.[/quote]

really?

you have experience with them?

agreed... I think you'll find the napoleon is gonna require a similar maint schedule to the Englander he already has. To truly cut down on the cleanings, check out a Harman, or a multifuel enviro like jake has.[/quote]

really?

you have experience with them?

..[/quote]

we are one of the few shops that will work on stoves that we dont sell... I've been into many Englanders, Napoleons, USSC, St. Croix, even a John Deere pellet stove (made by St. Croix, btw). We also get alot of folks who come in with these units to trade in towards a better one: i.e. a Harman typically.... we also sell Vista Flame, which is part of Enviro.

the old ranger said:
Franks,

Re: "In regards to the stove you got from Englander, there are 4 options:
1. The stove was never sold, but used inter-company at Englander
2. Englanders sales department never bothered (like a lot of retailers and some manufacturers) to dig into the law to make sure they are abiding by it
3. The people at the IRS lied to me or were misinformed
4. The IRS, the place designed to suck us dry are moronic . . ."

I would suggest there is a 5th. option: When you stated " . . . I called the IRS twice, asked them in plain engrish . . . " Perhaps the IRS agent did not understand you. Next time you may wish to use plain English with the IRS agent.

Ranger

P.S. Just kidding around. I like ironic typos . Also, I find your posts very informative. Keep em coming!

Just a play on words aluding to the fact that it's hard to get a customer service person on the phone these days, public or private, where you can understand what the hell they are saying

Franks said:
the old ranger said:
Franks,

Re: "In regards to the stove you got from Englander, there are 4 options:
1. The stove was never sold, but used inter-company at Englander
2. Englanders sales department never bothered (like a lot of retailers and some manufacturers) to dig into the law to make sure they are abiding by it
3. The people at the IRS lied to me or were misinformed
4. The IRS, the place designed to suck us dry are moronic . . ."

I would suggest there is a 5th. option: When you stated " . . . I called the IRS twice, asked them in plain engrish . . . " Perhaps the IRS agent did not understand you. Next time you may wish to use plain English with the IRS agent.

Ranger

P.S. Just kidding around. I like ironic typos . Also, I find your posts very informative. Keep em coming!

Just a play on words aluding to the fact that it's hard to get a customer service person on the phone these days, public or private, where you can understand what the hell they are saying

That's because those calls you are alluding to are routed through several echo chambers ;-) .

Let me add what I consider a more likely situation:

The stove was returned as defective etc and replaced, this would allow the original stove to be refurbished and sold along with a new certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.