how hot can you safely burn a stove and whats the most efficient temp to run at??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxr1216

Sep 2, 2006
I have a Regency Hearth heater H2100 woodstove, its got air tubes inside, a thick baffle plate above the tubes and then some insualtion blanket on top of that. i have a temp guage on the outside of the stove pretty much over the center part of it right on top so it would be located essentially ontop of the baffle plate and insulation. how hot can you safely run one of these stoves, the instructions basically say dont let it glow, yeah that helps me out a lot i dont plan on running that hot!!!!!!! i usually run it in the 550 degree range but i dont know if it would run more effiecient and secondary burn better if i ran it hotter???? seems that if its below 500 degrees it doesnt really secondary burn well????

h2100-nickel-425.jpg

Call them

FPI Fireplace Products International Ltd - Heatglo Regency Gas Fireplaces, Wood Stoves

6988 Venture St
Delta, BC (Canada) V4G 1H4

Phone: 604 946 5155
Fax: 604 946 4349
Toll Free: 800 442 7432

www.regency-fire.com

or email them

http://www.regency-fire.com/Contact/

Does the fan blow air over the top and the thermostat.

That sounds about right. But I suspect you can safely run the stove up to 650 without worries.

My wife has taken our Regency for brief forays into the 750-800 range. It hasn't hurt things I don't think, but trust me, you will know when you are pushing your stove.

I would think you could safely run it continuously @ 750 stovetop temp, if needed.
Your most efficient temp is probably as low as you can go, and still have a reliable, consistent secondary burn, probably 550F stovetop temp.

The Summit stove we have is built similar to your insert, and those are what we find works good with ours.

For a steel stove I consider 700 the absolute max measured at the hottest point on the stove top. I shoot for 600 to 650 running. Ain't unhappy when secondary is rolling at 550.

cool thanks for the info, sounds like i can run it alittle hotter then with no issues!!!

have a good day everyone and stay warm!!!! got snow on my roof and deck this morning, winter is coming!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.