How hot is the temperature of your pellet stove in this weather?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Bontchimuz

Sep 14, 2016
Rye, NH
Ive been running my Harman P68 on feed limit 4, temp probe at 80-85 and fan on middle setting and my stove seems to be around 700-900 (in the red zone on the little circular temp disc i put on the side of it). Should I be worried its running in the red zone? I assume these stoves are made for this.

Ever since I added an OAK it has been running super amazing...maybe "too good" lol

Either way, I love this beast.

Last edited:
Ive been running my Harman P68 on feed limit 4, temp probe at 80-85 and fan on middle setting and my stove seems to be around 700-900 (in the red zone on the little circular temp disc i put on the side of it). Should I be worried its running in the red zone? I assume these stoves are made for this.

Ever since I added an OAK it has been running super amazing...maybe "too good" lol

Either way, I love this beast.
Turn the fan all the way up to get the max heat out of the stove. Are you in room temp or stove mode?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: bags
When I first read this yesterday I thought that temp was way too hot. I took the side temperature of my P61a last night and it was at 470+*. The stove wasn't even working hard at a feed rate of 3, temp set at 75. fan rate of high and I'm using middling pellets, so I guess your temps don't seem unreasonable.

Just went down and checked with it just above idling and the side temp is 375.

As Tony said. Fan all the way up and get that heat out and off of the stove. Your temps will also likely drop down into the good area. If it is still running that hot dial it down. Is it cooking you out? Maybe not because a decent amount of heat is not getting used inside the house and going out the exhaust.

On my P68 if it is super cold (single digits) I can get all the heat I need with the fan turned all the way up, feed rate 3, and room temp at 75*