How I loaded a 300 LB stove in my Pickup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CHEATAH!

I thought it was some ingenious method with manual levers, dunnage and Masonite. Disappointed I am.

Good job. I can see that you aren't a shmuck
since you didn't rip the tail gate off the truck.
Now how you gonna get that 300lb'er outa
the truck?

I had visions of a suspended stove lowered in to the truck. Roll on roll off is great idea. Do they make fork lift bars for the loader bucket? What is the weight limit you alone can tip onto the wheels of your two wheeler?

Same way I did before ramp with the two wheeler. If I plan it right no one will be lifting the stove.

Tools I will be bringing sawsall 4 " grinder with cutting wheels 2 cordless drills Right left and straight cut tin snips plus metal crimper
eye protection I got the screw drivers covered plyers wrenches sockets, Rope, weight to drop the rope down the chimney
I will bring a section of 24 ga connecctor pipe and one 90 adjustiable That should do it

We will plan of meeting in wrentham Ma center 9:45 the intersection of RT 1A and 140 There is an municiple parking lot there opposite the white church
Just look for a Small black PK truck witha stove in the back GVA I will pm you the cell phone #

All should bring leather gloves and plan that we could get dirty.. No one dare wears a NY Yankee Hat Ok who is bringing the beer?

zeta said:
Good job. I can see that you aren't a shmuck
since you didn't rip the tail gate off the truck.
Now how you gonna get that 300lb'er outa
the truck?

LOL, my hubby did that on his Dodge. After we returned from camping with the horses one weekend where one of our coolers fell out of the pickup bed and was run over by the horse trailer, he unhooked the hitch (it's a gooseneck), got in the truck and breathed a sigh of relief--put 'er in gear and pulled forward and heard a crash. He had forgotten to put down the tail gate and the HT hitch t-boned it. He had to take the tail gate off to move the truck.

elkimmeg said:
We will plan of meeting in wrentham Ma center 9:45 the intersection of RT 1A and 140 There is an municiple parking lot there opposite the white church
Just look for a Small black PK truck witha stove in the back GVA I will pm you the cell phone #

All should bring leather gloves and plan that we could get dirty.. No one dare wears a NY Yankee Hat Ok who is bringing the beer?

Good thing I checked!!!!

Just did the mapquest for the actual address you had before.

BTW - Picked up a little selection of from some of the micro-brews around here for you guys who live out in the Far-East to try... I think Goose was going to bring some bee-juice.

the century stove when I first got it before moving it to the shed the second picture is the stove it will replace

Hey Corie it is a convection stove before I cut it up any interest.

Attachments

• centurywoodstove.jpg
    centurywoodstove.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 793
Attachment size won't allow the other picture of the stove we are replacing

Attachments

• woodstove.jpg
    woodstove.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 679
Update there is a chimney brush there but no rods. Usually he drops the rope down from the top and pulls it down positioning a barrell under it.

He claims the 24 gage connector pipe is junk. I have one section and one elbow but my local hardwarte store has it so we will be using new pipe.
A ladder is there to reach the roof and the pitch is not too bad easy walking. We will be removing the top and cleaning it out I have a wire brush.

Harley if you have a 6" round brush and poles that would make it easier and cleaner or just the rods Looks like the weather is going to be decent

Wrentham Center zip is 02093

elkimmeg said:
Harley if you have a 6" round brush and poles that would make it easier and cleaner or just the rods Lo9oks like the weather is going to be decent

Wrentham Center zip is 02093

Got 'em

Required by code a omplete cleaning before replacement NFPA 211 . Expect no different if I'm involved. I have gasket cement and high Temp black paint.

Did i mention we are also going toi have fun diong it Thanks to all that donated to make it happen I wish all could be here

Prior post about the Century stove were correct, that the flue collar outlet was not pre drilled for the necessary 3 screws to hold the connector pipe. I have already drilled the holes equally spaced

Harley 495 south from the ma pipe RT1 north towards the Patriots stadium as soon as you enter RT 1 go the the left lane and take that left Madison st follow madison st to the end about 2 miles tale a left on 140 about a mile you will come to a trafic light go threw the light the parking lot is on the right partically dirt next to a white church ans Dunkin donuts is acrost the street.
I will have my cell phone on

DriftWood said:
I had visions of a suspended stove lowered in to the truck. Roll on roll off is great idea. Do they make fork lift bars for the loader bucket? What is the weight limit you alone can tip onto the wheels of your two wheeler?

yes I have forks that attach to the bucket. The two wheeler is rated to 600 lbs I was going to use the back bucket and lift it and place it in the truck using ropes but I figured this way was easier. Another wayI Could have done it is with ramps and cranked up the ramps with a comealong

My friend gave me my woodfurnace. It weighs at least 400 lbs. I backed up to a big oak tree with a very large limb. We put a snatch block on the limb close to the trunk and used the warn wench on his truck to pull it up a ramp into the truck. Not as easy, but effective.

elkimmeg said:
Attachment size won't allow the other picture of the stove we are replacing

Elk,

I unloaded my 300 lb Buck Stove myself with no dolly.....I used two, 2" x 6" planks about 4 ft long and laid them against the truck tailgate and slid the stove down...there's enough friction between the stove and the wood so that you can push against it and it will slide down at a nice slow velocity. I also moved it out of my living room alone and with no dolly also by using 2x6 boards but I first sprayed them with silicon and it glides very easily....moved it from the hearth all the way outside and down three steps using just the boards and silicon spray....point is, silicon helps you move it on a level surface but going up or down from a truck, you use no silicon because you want the friction.....

Cast thanks You reminded me to bring my piano dolly to put the old stove on

Well I got to leave Time to go to the local hardware stoor and get the connector pipe and another 90 degree elbow

Status
Not open for further replies.