How JT gets his stove going...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS56

Burning Hunk
Mar 5, 2012
Central Lower Mich
Hey, I'm a big James Taylor fan and here's a video of him starting a fire in his barn (studio?) woodstove. He's a pretyy laid back guy and seems to like the wood burning thing. I do enjoy playing a nice acoustic next to the woodstove. Two very different but enjoyable uses for wood!

Not sure about the blow torch lighter thing though... ;)

Reactions: raybonz
I want to know how he hasn't cracked the stones whacking on them like that! My hubby broke a huge piece of slate on our front steps splitting kindling the same way! I used a MAPP torch to work with glass, it never even occurred to me to use it as a match! Wow.

I like JT too, but that's starting with a big cheat. I wonder how long before he cracks a hearth stone splitting on it like that. FWIW, that's not a Franklin stove as he called it. It's a Morso 3610.

Reactions: raybonz
Status
Not open for further replies.