How long does your burn pot last? Specifically on a harman PC45.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the Info...
I Imagine the black grease substance comes from sugar in the corn..
If the corn is dry one has little issue with the black crud but corn has a ignition temp that is about 200 degree higher than wood. Combine that with some higher moisture(corn often sold above 13%)and your fighting a lower burn temp that start the dark gunk.
Picture is the stove setup for straight corn burning. Notice the nice gray showing proper burn.

Attachments

• DSCN0135.JPG
    DSCN0135.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 153
If the corn is dry one has little issue with the black crud but corn has a ignition temp that is about 200 degree higher than wood. Combine that with some higher moisture(corn often sold above 13%)and your fighting a lower burn temp that start the dark gunk.
Picture is the stove setup for straight corn burning. Notice the nice gray showing proper burn.
yes.. I see the stir Adapter.

Time for a new one.....

Maybe I asked but when was the last time the stove had the gaskets checked or replaced? Air not going thru the pot but around doors etc can lead to improper burning and fouling up the stove and stove feeding extra fuel too.

Reactions: bags
Status
Not open for further replies.