How many have two stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:)
2 @ my primary residence and 1 @ my rental property.

hemlock,
I've been toying with the same idea and have thought about posting the same question, so thank you for taking the lead on that. Because of the closed design of my home, I have been thinking that a pellet or another wood stove would be nice to have on the other end of the house. I really like the cast-iron look. My problem is I don't have a chimney on the other side of the house. I would have to either put a chimney up through the second floor and through the attic, which would be a major pain or I would go on the outside of the house and I know that's frowned upon. The pellet stove would negate these factors, but the one big factor that holds me back is spending another $4000 + or - on another stove, install, etc. I am thinking of ways to move the air around the house better, so I am going to play with that for a couple years before I fork over the money.

hearthstone on middle floor, buck in the basement. the hearthstone is our main burner with 24/7 ability . its 50f out side right now and 61 in the basement. i just put a few pieces of dimensional lumber in the buck stove and it should knock off the chill. the upstairs is a cool 64. i wont light the soapstone till morning. now if it were that cold wet rainy weather, id have both going just to dry the air a bit and warm the old bones up some. this house does good with 2 stoves and is warmer than trying to heat with just one of them. pete

Hampton upstairs, Olympic in the uninsulated basement. I use the Hampton the most and fire up the Olympic when winter really sets in. But there are two of us so we are each responsible for only one. Otherwise, I can see how it would get to be a pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.