how to remove telescopic stove pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtmcgowan

Jan 13, 2010
atlanta area
trying to remove simpson double wall telescopic stove pipe with some difficulty from 1year old installation so I can upgrade from my leprechaun to an old Heritage 2. any advice sage woodburners?

What is the problem? If it is detaching it from the ceiling support box adapter, try rotating the pipe about 15 degrees counterclockwise and gently pull down.

Maybe you missed a screw?

Your trouble is with removing the telescoping section. I must assume that you are having a problem collapsing the section? If so then assuming you have removed the screws the only thing that could prevent the collapse is either a dent in the section or a whole bunch of creosote built up inside. If you're sure the srews are out and that the outside is dent free then brush the inside of the chimney. I removed my two year old simspon double wall section with no trouble at all. It may just be seized up so twisting while trying to collapse might break loose the funk.

Thanks guys for the help. My screws are out and there are no dents. Presumably Highbeam you are right about the cresote and sticking. I will post some pictures when I get it in. My local dealer did not have the correct chimney connector for the older Heritage so I am waiting on it from Northline. I hardly wait to have a stove that will heat all night long.

Status
Not open for further replies.