Hudson River WestPoint Control Panel

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds more like an air issue. Need to get the gasket back on the exhaust fan. I would watch the exhaust fan on start up to make sure it is functioning well. First clean all your exhaust path as folks have found birds/small critters in their venting causing the blockage.

Good start but if it is a critter, not sure if the leaf blower will do the trick. May need to run a brush...

So I thoroughly cleaned it replaced gasket on exhaust fan, still not doing what it's supposed to. I tested the exhaust fan motor and it works when I plug into wall, just doesn't ever come on when in stove.... not really sure how works....

Could be snap disc? I got one coming and also not sure how vacuum works.... I'm so new at this.... I've replaced control panel and blower fan.... seems like separately they all work, together not so much

Hope you kept the old control panel as there are services that can repair many of them. Nice to have as a back up. You can jumper around the snap switch to rule it in/out as the problem. Unplug when working in the cabinet. Some set up jumper wire with appropriate spade connectors on each end. Probably easiest to wait for the new switch though...

Reactions: bworre71
I did keep the old panel

I did bypass the snap switch

does the vacuum switch have anything to do with exhaust fan? It is the only thing I haven't bypassed yet

I would try to by-pass the vacuum switch ... remember to unplug! It is fairly rare for a vac switch to fail but it does happen. Have you checked the connection port to make sure it is not clogged? Tubing is intact without cracks or breaks? If that fails to change operation, it is the exhaust fan.

Why did you replace the convection blower?

I cleaned the port out and did the blow test to the vaccum sensor. and the tubing looks ok.

I replaced the convection blower, because I thought that was the issue until I started really investigating

needless to say I am a few hundred into this and still not working
Wish you had come here first! Confirm your connections/wiring to new control box. Did a wiring diagram come with it? I usually take a photo or make up a rough diagram for connections before disconnecting .... learned that the hard way when my son took a motor out of a dryer and failed to do that. Had to buy a new one as it was so old there was no wiring schematic available:(;hm

the new control box was plug and play it was an upgraded replacement, I have a slight diagram of how it works in the manual and I have emailed the company for a service manual but no luck yet. this has been quite the adventure.

Up and running.... the vacuum switch called for 2 Gray wires and the exhaust fan has a blue and white..... well I had the white in the wrong spot.... replaced snap and fixed wires and it's heating the house.... thank you all for your help.... next time I will come here first

Attachments

• 20161107_185152.jpg
    20161107_185152.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: Lake Girl
Status
Not open for further replies.