Humans Used Fire 1 Million Years Ago

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Very sexy BB. Very sexy.

Just remember. You are a winner! For you to be here today, your lineage has been successful at every juncture.

Very sexy BB. Very sexy.

Just remember. You are a winner! For you to be here today, your lineage has been successful at every juncture.

One in my chain was a pretty notorious train robber. Had he gotten shot sooner...

One in my chain was a pretty notorious train robber. Had he gotten shot sooner...

Shall we "ShangHai" this thread & turn it into "Skeletons in the Closet?" My 9th Maternal Great Grandmother was one of the last Accused Witches hanged at Salem in 1692. Her name was Martha Carrier - you can look it up. Cotton Mather labelled her as "An Arrant Hag." Her son Richard (My 8th Great Grandfather - b. 1674) was 18 at the time she was hanged, so in order for me NOT to be here, the Witch Trials would've had to have been moved up by quite a bit...

Hmmmm, plant ash? No doubt they were sparkin' up some herbs which led to the munchies and babble-talk about a trip to Florida. Took another million years for beer, which may just be our greatest achievment to date and the impetus of all things good.

I can't wait till they find fossilized evidence of a multi-string bow stuck in a hollow tree log. Then we'll have a party.

Took another million years for beer, which may just be our greatest achievment to date and the ipetus of all things good.

I believe that there is PROOF of this. I just don't know where to find it.:p

I believe that there is PROOF of this. I just don't know where to find it.:p

There's a documentary called "How Beer Saved the World" I think they should show in high school. If you have respect for the gifts given us you're less likely to abuse them. Its also harder to binge drink on good beer that tastes like something. I mean, I can do it but only after a lot of practice!

I think its very funny how we like stone counters, houses, flooring and fires in our houses! The "cave" in cave man still endures.

Yeah, but the man cave is under attack. I was master of my domain (not that domain) when it was just me, stone walls a moldy arm chair left for dead by the last owners. Once I got painted walls, HDTV-THX-XYZ and some non inhabited furniture I lost it. Now its Wii fit, nail polish on the coffee table and bottled water stuffed in my beer fridge.

Until the stove goes out for the season the mancave here is my domain...I think he wants me outta there.... mad0025.gif

the movie "Quest for Fire" (starring Ron Pearlman and Ray Dawn Chong) was adapted from an excellent 90 page cave drawing (by unknown author) discovered in Southern France. Good stuff. They really captured the drama and humor from the original novel. Its always neat to see things evolve from the 2-D semi monochromatic cave art to the big screen. Sadly, the author never got to see his story retold in technicolor....not unlike Philip K. Dick's works.

I was thinking of "Caveman" with Ringo Starr.

Status
Not open for further replies.