Humidifer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MSveda35

Dec 16, 2019
Long Island, NY
Hey all. Just got a Blaze King Ashford 25 in the Chestnut wood enamel installed. Love the warmth it's producing but definitely is drying the air out. Can anyone recommend a humidifier that will work well in a 1,000 sq foot room. By the way thanks for all the great material on here. This is where I did all my research before I bought.

First air seal your house. After that use a big pot on the stove for a week or so. This will give you an idea of how much water you are using to get to a certain level.

I like the humidifiers that either go on top of the stove or a steam humidifier. The ultrasonic puts stuff he air (it is said to be safe) and the filter/wicking ones make the air cold (though they do a great job of filtering your air).

Air sealing is key. Otherwise you are fighting the winter cold, and dry air being sucked into the house.

After that, any humidifier will work.