Hummmm , Interisting . Class A stainless steel cap.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roospike

Hearth Supporter
Nov 19, 2005
Eastern Nebraska
I looked up at the cap today and noticed -----> (posted picture). Hummmmm.........

Attachments

• Hummmm , Interisting . Class A stainless steel cap.
    Snow pipe..JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 388
Ahh, those yummy brown icicle's. Maybe time for a cleaning?

Musta had the Summit cranke down for the day :)

Looks like condensation collecting on the roof of the cap and running down and freezing. Those look a little better than the others posted. Must be pretty cold there?

roo that looks like gas pipe.. have you been pulling the wool over our eyes for all these months? i think roo is the head sales rep for PE.... ;)

Nahhhhh don't let em bully you Roo!

I know that's MetalFab insulated pipe from a mile away. Same stuff I'm using.

Do the black icicles taste like black licorice?

Roospike said:
I looked up at the cap today and noticed -----> (posted picture).

Hummmmm.........

Had'em hanging off mine just like it two weeks ago. I will have again tomorrow since we are in mid-ice storm at this very moment.

I wanted to get the input from the group before i said much about it.

We just got a snow storm of 7" and high wind and tho normally with regular falling snow you dont see this but i thought i would post the pic.

THe snow and ice have been there for about 20 hours and its 20° today and now 9° with single temps tomorrow.

With the high efficient stoves of today and the correct chimney pipes , liners and such its still amazing that snow and ice can stay on the cap for that long .
One would think that with a chimney, the gases and heat (notice i didnt say smoke ;-) ) that it would be a non issue of snow and ice hanging off the cap.

For all those that are looking to get this winter storm (and future storms ) to keep an eye on your chimney cap for snow pack and ice. What i have is a very small amount but it did get me thinking as to a packed chimney cap from a snow storm and issue that "could" happen with the modern EPA stoves , chimneys and liners.

*** Just for the record when the chimney was cleaned out last year "once" at the end of the season i had just less than a cup of dry soot .

BTW: The stove was running right along at 475° when the pic was taken.

7" of the latest snow storm. 15 miles south of us got 13"

Attachments

• Hummmm , Interisting . Class A stainless steel cap.
    P1010023.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 251
"Afraid your chimney is running too hot?"

"Get the Pacific Energy Summit with patent pending Extended Black-Ice Technology (EBT)."

"The Summit will freeze up your chimney no matter what you burn or how you burn it."

"The exclusive Extended Black-Ice Technology will show you in a second where the creosote is. Never climb on the roof again to find out. EBT will show it to you."

"See your local Pacific Energy dealertoday."

ah the dangers of black ice. well atleast you know all your heat is not going up the chimney

Status
Not open for further replies.