Hung Up Maple Branch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
This was in the backyard so we decided if mother nature would not bring it down we would. We used the old anchor rope with a two pound weight with the ladder then made the toss, we then tied up a d-shackle on the rope and hooked it up to the winch and pulled it most of the way then changed angles and pulled it down by hand using the rope also the little crotch saved the rope from sliding off.

Attachments

• 100_1887.jpg
    100_1887.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 292
  • 100_1888.jpg
    100_1888.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 323
  • 100_1889.jpg
    100_1889.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 284
  • 100_1890.jpg
    100_1890.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 285
  • 100_1891.jpg
    100_1891.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 308
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Better off learning to use a throw line. Stay off ladders. I know I know what the heck do I know...lol
much easier throw!
http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=98327&catID;=

It was fine, I had the wife holding the ladder for the two seconds it took.

zap

lol there is an art to throwing a line that's for sure. There is one guy in our town that uses a fishing pole as a throw line and a nut for weight. Then tie on to your main line and pull it through. 2 lb's coming back down at you could be a Bi_ch.

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Better off learning to use a throw line. Stay off ladders. I know I know what the heck do I know...lol
much easier throw!
http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=98327&catID;=

It was fine, I had the wife holding the ladder for the two seconds it took.

zap

lol there is an art to throwing a line that's for sure. There is one guy in our town that uses a fishing pole as a throw line and a nut for weight. Then tie on to your main line and pull it through. 2 lb's coming back down at you could be a Bi_ch.

I did try the throw from the ground but the old arm had to many throws from left field, the ladder was down on flat ground when I used it and not in the area in the picture.

zap

Zap, can you tell me about your winch? What type is it and what power?

Sav it's a warn winch 3000 pounds.

Oldmainer my wife called the shots on this one and boy was she dead on.

zap

It's cool that you got to spend some quality time with your wife Zap.

Status
Not open for further replies.