I FINALLY made my decision - I'm glad that's over......I think!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsa0021

Feeling the Heat
Oct 1, 2008
Ohio
Thanks everyone for answering all my questions. I'm the guy who couldn't decide between the PE Super and the Hampton HI300. Today I was determined to buy a stove ( I was working on 2 dealers). So I went to the dealer w/the better rep inquiring about a better price on the Hampton ( Another dealer quoted a price equal to the PE). The better dealer did not have the HI300 all black finish in stock and were not going to carry Hampton/regency line anymore. I asked if they could do any better on price for the PE, showing them the quote for the Hampton, they took $400 off the PE. That was enough to push me to the PE. the only thing that bugged me about the PE was the oversize surround was too plain. So I got a good stove, good dealer, I think a fair price ($1800 for stove and surround) should be installed properly (according to the quote) and just that plain surround.
Now I'm thinking, should I have gotten the arched door?? Maybe the screen......Oh man too many decisions. I've got to stop.
I'll post before and after pictures once installed.
Thanks!
PS: Hey, Pacific Energy I believe if you emboss the larger surround you will sell more stoves. Even the dealer agreed w/me. I'd buy one!

Stop! Take a deep breath. Get that thing installed and enjoy it. You will be looking at the fire and the surround will be a non-event.

Nice deal bsa, congratulations. Rumor is there will be an Alderlea insert by year end. Perhaps the surround will be interchangeable with the Super?

Status
Not open for further replies.