I got my ashford 30 estimate today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember half of this cost is not for the stove, it's for infrastructure, pipe, pad and installation. However, a $100 pad would work just as well so make it $6100. That said, at our electric rates it would take over a decade to pay back. But payback is not all there is to a wood stove. For us a stove's value is also aesthetic, comfort and insurance for heat during extended power outages.

Reactions: BlackGreyhounds
Remember half of this cost is not for the stove, it's for infrastructure, pipe, pad and installation. However, a $100 pad would work just as well so make it $6100. That said, at our electric rates it would take over a decade to pay back. But payback is not all there is to a wood stove. For us a stove's value is also aesthetic, comfort and insurance for heat during extended power outages.
This year if I use the same amount of propane as I did last year i will spend about $1900 in propane. I get all my wood for free and I really enjoy processing wood it keeps me active.

Have you checked propane prices recently? In many areas they have dropped significantly since last winter.

Shortly after moving here we got an estimate to install some stainless steel pipe to connect to our wood stove,it was close to 5K. Along with the estimate came the detailed material list,to make a long story short,we bought all the materials and my husband ended up installing it himself.Of course I understand that this is not always an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.