I got my england 30 NC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

spadafore

Hearth Supporter
Sep 4, 2008
northwest ohio
It was deliverd on Monday. Spent the last couple of nights curing the paint. All I can say is holy heat batman. I like the variable speed blower, nice and quiet. The fire box is huge. The ash pan seems a little suspect. This giant really throws the heat. The stove seems like a real good investment. I know pics or it didn't happen. I'll work on it. Also where do you guys put the stove thermometer. Currently I have it on top in the middle(W to E) towards the front of the stove. Is this a good spot or should it be located some where else. Also how hard is it to switch out the pedestal for the legs.

The legs aren't too bad to put on but I found the leg bracket area to be a little on the cheap side sadly. So I took the pedestal off, put the legs on, wasn't happy and put the pedestal back on. Now I can't complain because I was one of the lucky ones that got this stove for 499.00 when LOWES used to mark down stoves 50% at end of year. I do love this stove. Someday I am probably going to get either the Brass Trim kit or get the gold door. For the money I don't think there is a better stove out there and customer service is just about the best out there :)

I put my thermometer right on the angled part on the top of the stove, she cruises around 450F quite easily
I think a stove looking like this is just about the nicest out there
http://www.englandsstoveworks.com/images/30-ncglg.jpg

Place the thermo about three inches in front of the flue pipe, that is always the hottest area when I am checking with my IR gun.

My thermometer is also about 3" in front of the flue colar, right in the center.

I tried to use the ash pan a few times, but quickly gave up. It's easier just to shovel the ash out into a bucket.

-SF

Status
Not open for further replies.