1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

I Hate Oak

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by lukem, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Constrictor

Constrictor Member

Loc:
    Home of the white squirrel Missouri
    2 loads like this already on a 7x16 trailer, the last pic is whats left of the log im going to finish it up tonite. 42" dia.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    That's a lot of wood, but seems shy of 8 cord. Maybe the pics don't do it justice.
  3. Constrictor

Constrictor Member

Loc:
    Home of the white squirrel Missouri
    thats the first tree, the other one which i havent started on is accross the street. i will have 3 loads off this particular tree after tonite and it likely is 5-6 cords just by itself. the log shown is 42" x 14' long and should be at least 1-1/2 cords by itself.
  4. lukem

lukem Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Indiana
    Didn't know there was another tree. 8 cord is in the realm of possibilities then.
  5. Stegman

Stegman Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Sterling, MA
    Yeah, that's a shame. As far as I know, the ash borer has gotten hung up in eastern New York and supposedly hasn't encroached into New England yet. I hope they figure out a way to stop that evil little pest.

I actually live right on the edge of an area where the asian longhorned beetle is doing some serious damage to maples. They're nasty, too, though I think they've figured out an effective way to control them because they're lazy critters and don't seem to wander too far from the trees they spring from.
  6. weatherguy

weatherguy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Mass
    I remember when they cut down all the trees from the LH beetle, it looked like a tornado went through the city. I thought I read in the paper a month or so ago where they found some more infested trees at Holy Cross.
  7. SolarAndWood

SolarAndWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Syracuse NY
    Yet is the key word there. I don't think anything is stopping that train.