I have not purchased my pellets yet

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Living in south western Rhode Island, burning pellets in the evening to take the chill off. Oil prices as of yesterday are $1.58 YUP!
Ya well you have the distribution facility like right there or not far anyway. LOL

Low oil/propane prices must be nice. I get my propane for the house on a commercial account and it still runs me $2.39 a gallon. Not sure about oil but it isn't that great a deal either. Pellets are a lot more expensive here than they were in Montana but still a better deal for heat unless propane falls another 50 cents or so.

Living in south western Rhode Island, burning pellets in the evening to take the chill off. Oil prices as of yesterday are $1.58 YUP!
Ya well you have the distribution facility like right there or not far anyway. LOL
Low oil/propane prices must be nice. I get my propane for the house on a commercial account and it still runs me $2.39 a gallon. Not sure about oil but it isn't that great a deal either. Pellets are a lot more expensive here than they were in Montana but still a better deal for heat unless propane falls another 50 cents or so.
We don't have low propane prices here, oil is $1.79 but our last propane bill was around $3.75 a gal. Each area has it's quirks, propane has always been tough down here on the Cape and Islands.

Comparing Oil price to Okie firs?
geez... most people couldn't afford those Exspensive pellets when oil was 3.00 gal..
well over 400.00 ton in some areas.. just sayin..
Even the hardwood pellets HD has run over $5 per bag. The okie dug fur is $9 per bag here. My whitfield burns barefoot and okies the best, now there's a guy selling oil for 1.79.

The Okie DF are at $350 per ton or $7 per bag here.

The Okie DF are at $350 per ton or $7 per bag here.

Are prices coming down for the Doug Fir? I haven't even started burning my Doug Fir, I'm still using the Platinums but the best price I saw around here in Western CT was $375 a ton for the DF.

Are prices coming down for the Doug Fir? I haven't even started burning my Doug Fir, I'm still using the Platinums but the best price I saw around here in Western CT was $375 a ton for the DF.

No, DFs are $10 per ton more than they were in the spring at this particular dealer.

No, DFs are $10 per ton more than they were in the spring at this particular dealer.
Our local dealer still wants $400 a ton.but that's because he really doesn't seem to be into supplying them to people who didn't prepay back in March. He has a following who buy that way and not a very big yard. Even so they are still expensive, i think $365 a ton on the pre s

Saw a few days ago, Walmart dropped their pellet price to $5 a bag. I forgot the name of it...dang it...is it penningtons???

Walmart had these (Pennington's) at $5.00 a couple of weeks ago, I picked up one bag on the recommendation of one of the customers grabbing a few off of the stack.

I've just finished installing my stove, filled the hopper with the Pennington's. Been doing a few low burns to get all of the gremlins fixed, and so can't give any kind of knowledge on how they're doing. The low fires probably aren't getting a full burn of the pellets accomplished, leaving behind a gritty dark ash.

Just picked up a few bags of TSC SKU 3195163 UPC 52453 00306 white bag blue lettering "Hardwood Premium Wood Pellets" (cashier stated these were 80/20 hardwood/softwood?) for testing prior to ordering a pallet. $5.39 per bag, $269(?) per ton. Will probably try to find four or five other recommended brands in the area to try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.