I hit 150 bags today -time to try the leaf blower trick

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
zeta said:
ResOps said:
Well I have gone through 150 bags
to this point and am going to try the leaf blower out tomorrow.

You should be doing more than just the leaf blower
trick after running 3 tons through a stove.
The exhaust and room blowers get caked with the same
crap that clogs the stove and require cleaning.
Especially the exhaust blower! Do it right the first time.
Remove both blowers and clean them thoroughly.
Good luck.
I am using an Accentra insert. How often should the pipe that exhausts outside be cleaned? The outside pipe os about 2 ft off the house and had an end part that angles air down.It has some silver tape on it.I know I need to remove the angle part. Do you know what the tape is called so I can replace it?
I have been cleaning stove every 3-4 days and a full clean once a week..There isnt much pipe from the outside to the hole that lines up with the insert.Can I just use some kind of cleanout brush? and if so do you brush from inside out or outside in? I know these all sound kinda dumb but I have leaned alot in 3 weeks here and I am sure there is a bunch more I need to learn. I did get that detail cleaning link from here for my insert but never mentioned outside pipe.

My quadrafire classic bay insert has a full chimeny reline....how would I clean that pipe and how often should it be done. This is running without a OAK.I am really new to this(1 week) and not really sure if I like the stove!!! Thanks for any info.....Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.