I just purchased the 1150P Napolian...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoGaPeach

Jan 16, 2010
South Georgia
Hello all, my DH and I are in the process of building our new home and we just ordered the 1150P on-line (down here in South GA. there are no local dealers to speak of) and I was wondering a few things and trying to research them online I came across this website and decided to join. So first, do I need to put down a hearth of some kind if the floor itself will be a tile? The house is built on a concrete slab. And do I need anything on the walls? My stove will be about 2 ft away from the walls and in a corner.

Welcome. How are those peaches holding up after this cold weather?

If the tile is on concrete, then there will be no need for additional hearth protection. The stove has fairly close clearances to combustibles if connected with double-wall pipe. As long as those clearances are honored or exceeded, then there's no need for additional wall protection.

SoGaPeach said:
Thank you for that! I am now wondering if we should have ordered the blower? hmmm... Do they make a lot of difference?

We just added one to our Lopi Endeavor, and it definitely makes a noticeable difference in the amount of convection heating/air the stove moves into the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.