I love surprises

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

C6pilot

Apr 7, 2014
S.E. PA
I was having a crappy day when my $50 used chainsaw stopped oiling. No biggie, I got tons of use out of it and there is still hope to fix it. But I wanted to make use of the break in the weather so I called my buddy. He said his brother sells Husqvarna at his rental shop and would give me a good deal. And he was right.

He sold me a new sealed Husqvarna 445 for $285 and threw in a free 6-pack of oil. But that's not the best part. When I got home, I opened the 445 box and found THIS inside...

Husqvarna-450-TM.jpg

Nice. The 445 retails here in one box store for @ $400 cdn + 15% HST. Didn't see the 450 there.

I do see the 450 at amazon (canada) selling for almost $620 at one retailer. Compared to amazon US) where one seller has it about half that price with gift card promo (not sure why we're getting hosed up here). In any case you got a nice saw and a great price - very nice surprise...

So just how did this saw get registered for warranty? Since it was in a sealed box, it would seem that your buddie's bro didn't have to eat this one...unless he did a real good job of re-sealing a box?

So just how did this saw get registered for warranty? Since it was in a sealed box, it would seem that your buddie's bro didn't have to eat this one...unless he did a real good job of re-sealing a box?

It remains to be seen what will happen when I go to register it online once I'm sure I'm not returning it. The serial number on the box does match the serial number on the saw. I just have no way of knowing if it's a refurb that's not eligible for the full factory warranty etc.

The saw appeared new, just a little box rash on it since it wasn't wrapped in protective plastic (he said none of them are bagged inside???). I smelled a slight gas odor in the dry gas tank but no oil odor or residue in the oil tank. I assume the odor could be if they test run each engine at the factory. Blade was in a sealed bag, bar in a cardboard sleeve, wrench in an open ended bag, plastic bar cover wedged diagonally loose. My main concern is I don't want him to be out for something he paid for (he said cool, he paid for a 445) and I don't want to be out a warranty. Other than that, it's an awesome saw.

Nice. My wife got me a new 450 e series 2 years ago for Christmas. I haven't put it through a ton of use but don't have any complaints so far.

Sweet!!

I have a small Husqvarna (136) that I work hard (i do need a bigger saw, but friends with big saws are a good thing too :cool:) Quite a few years now and Its been pretty much indestructible.

So just how did this saw get registered for warranty?
A 50cc saw that has pretty glowing customer reviews.......I would take that gamble.

When I bought my MS290 had someone offered me that saw for $285 and no warranty, I would have taken that gamble too.

Now, if something happened, it's on you.........but if there aren't a lot of issues and complaints with a saw, its worth the risk.

Looks like a nice saw, let us know how it does for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.