I need to learn how to heat again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a research freak amd will look into everything, like what i notice about one of your pics is why would somebody build such a huge hearth fireplace and not have a insert in it already? If your just drooping forewood in it and burning that is totally inefficeint. Its looks awesome but if you wanna really heat the place not the way to go.

Yea you have a outdoor wood boiler but can you check on the date to see when it was purchased. Like maybe the previous owner tried heating with inserts and it didnt work as far as heating, bringing in too much dirt, storage etc, so they decided to keep all the wood outside and get a OWB. So buying a insert might not be worth it. Grab yourself a flashlight and get in that big hewrth you got and look up that chimney. See what you got and the use it has gotten.

Me personally would get stoves vs inserts and strategically put it near doors that have easier acces to your outdoor storage of wood. So your not dragging firewood threw out your whole house.

I have my main pile cords about a acre away from my house about once a week or longer I use my tractor with my utility cart and bring abiut a 1/4 cord of wood right next to my house about 10 feet away. I have a nother small storage area just for this 1/4 wood. From their i have a small wood cart that and bring into my patio room. Once every 24hr i fill my King Ultra with this small cart. It takes a about a week maybe longer or shorter to empty my 1/4 cord of wood that right outside of my house. Everytime i empty that small wood cart i get debri on the ground i have my broom amd scoop ready to pic up the dirt.

I cant imagine bringing that cart threw out my house like your and dirtying verything up eveytjme I fill it up. This is what i mean about being strategic and efficient. You house is roughly 3 times the size of mine so i assume you have alot walking to do to get from fuel to stove

sorry if this long just trying to help as others have helped me. I also seny you a provate message if you wanna chat more.

That is so cool! I didn't understand it at first but after a 12 pack it made perfect sense!;)

Reactions: mcdougy
Status
Not open for further replies.